Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The party of small government strikes again. or; I guess A2M is out of the question.

Needs to wipe his cache DandyDon's Avatar
    I Don't Live In Hell, But I Can See The Flames From Here

Default The party of small government strikes again. or; I guess A2M is out of the question.

Virginia Gov. Candidate Cuccinelli Asks Supreme Court to Revive Ban on Oral, Anal Sex

Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, the GOP's nominee for governor, filed an appeal on Tuesday asking the Supreme Court to revive the state's law banning oral and anal sex. In a statement, Cuccinelli claimed that the law, which the US Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit ruled unconstitutional earlier this year, is "an important tool that prosecutors use to put child molesters in jail." Cuccinelli warned that the appeals court's decision to strike down the statute "threatens to undo convictions of child predators that were obtained under this law" since 2003, when the Supreme Court ruled in Lawrence v. Texas that laws criminalizing oral and anal sex—sometimes referred to as sodomy bans—are unconstitutional.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013...nal-sex-sodomy

laser focus on jobs (blow jobs)

i'd like to see how they'd enforce this.

Linux is for Windows haters: BSD is for -lovers- of Unix.

So the fact that a child molester already had illegal sex with an underage person is simply not enough? They want to go also at the specific sexual act?

And as to how they'll enforce it: they won't except in very specific cases and circumstances.

The Mods can't think of a good title FSchmertz's Avatar

There's plenty of small government Republicans, but they let themselves be taken over by the social wing, who cares not at all about small government/fiscal conservatism.

Praying for friends, clients, and healing

Quote Originally Posted by QillerDaemon View Post
    So the fact that a child molester already had illegal sex with an underage person is simply not enough? They want to go also at the specific sexual act?
    That was my first thought, too. Why would you need to be able to pin them on the specific act?

Or, if you wanted to pin child molesters on the specific act, you could at least suggest attaching some age parameters to the ban (to make sure it only affects the child/molester scenario).

Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer MegaTideFan's Avatar

Good to see that Don and Dud are still knuckle dragging mouth breathers.

What none of you stupid fucks fail to recognize is that sodomy laws aren't used to go after consenting queers. They're used to go after sexual predators of all ages. Rape is defined as intercourse. Sodomy covers everything else that happens. That's how it works and that's how it has always worked. The AG is 100% correct. But hey, political correctness and partisan hackery means more than punishing sexual predators, am I right?

So y'all can go back to pushing buggies at Wal-Mart knowing that if they ever get to suck the President's cock, so long as he consents, they won't go to prison in Virginny.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTideFan View Post

What none of you stupid fucks fail to recognize is that sodomy laws aren't used to go after consenting queers. They're used to go after sexual predators of all ages. Rape is defined as intercourse. Sodomy covers everything else that happens. That's how it works and that's how it has always worked. The AG is 100% correct. But hey, political correctness and partisan hackery means more than punishing sexual predators, am I right?

So y'all can go back to pushing buggies at Wal-Mart knowing that if they ever get to suck the President's cock, so long as he consents, they won't go to prison in Virginny.
    Did Gunzen hack MTF's account? MTF used to post well thought out and what could almost be considered moderate points.
    Now he is just about name calling and insults.

Fisting himself wildly while singing the opening song from Oklahoma Keebler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spudoc View Post
    Did Gunzen hack MTF's account? MTF used to post well thought out and what could almost be considered moderate points.
    It was Obama winning the last election that got him, he has been nothing more than a looney jesus freak since then. I too was worried about him but after awhile I started to view him as a lost cause.

We used to have liberals on here who were worth debating. Now we have retards like don dud and Keebler. Im not going to waste well thought out posts on morons.

Doesn't Know Why It's So Small RNG's Avatar

That is a stupid law and has been used (abused?) in the past and you, a lawyer, supporting stupid laws that both have the potential to be abused and since they are stupid laws bring all laws into disrespect to some degree? Yes, some real scumbags may end up walking. That's a bad thing. But maybe the idiots that wrote the stupid laws in the first place should be jailed instead, or later legislators for not having any foresight or intelligence and fixing the laws when they had a chance. You must be really off your meds today.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    That is a stupid law and has been used (abused?) in the past and you, a lawyer, supporting stupid laws that both have the potential to be abused and since they are stupid laws bring all laws into disrespect to some degree? Yes, some real scumbags may end up walking. That's a bad thing. But maybe the idiots that wrote the stupid laws in the first place should be jailed instead, or later legislators for not having any foresight or intelligence and fixing the laws when they had a chance. You must be really off your meds today.
    So you'd rather have sexual predators go free than have a law than sounds un-PC? That's great.

As far as abuse (which means that it can be used properly). Do you really think a prosecutor in 2013 can get away with charging consenting gays? Paula Deen has lost every business venture she has in a matter of a week thanks to the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    It was Obama winning the last election that got him, he has been nothing more than a looney jesus freak since then. I too was worried about him but after awhile I started to view him as a lost cause.
    Its all he has left. He also apparently lost his reading comprehension too. This has absolutely nothing to do with prosecuting kiddie diddlers. Its all about those icky gheys, and getting into peoples bedrooms. He hates the thought of gay sex going on but can't stop thinking about it. "Virginia is for lovers" - But just the normal hetero missionary kind.

Cuccinelli claims he will only use the sodomy law to bring cases involving minors or sexual assault, and argues that Virginians need not worry about him prosecuting "consenting adults," because the part of the law that would enable him to do so was defanged by the Supreme Court's Lawrence decision. But in 2004, when a bipartisan group of state Senators was trying to fix the sodomy law so that it would only apply to cases involving minors and non-consensual sex, Cuccinelli, then a state Senator, blocked the effort. And in 2009, as my colleague Andy Kroll has noted, Cuccinelli made clear that he objected to oral and anal sex (at least between gay people) on principle, telling the Virginian-Pilot, "My view is that homosexual acts—not homosexuality, but homosexual acts—are wrong. They're intrinsically wrong. And I think in a natural law-based country it's appropriate to have policies that reflect that...They don't comport with natural law."

He did not ask for laws specifically targeting child abusers, he asked for the reinstatement of the broad general laws that would equally apply to adults. If the goal is targeting child abusers, then that should be the target.

The stupid fuck in this situation is the guy looking to reinstate laws that would apply to consenting adults .. and then just trusting the government to do the right thing. Yeah, fucking right.

Never met a quote he didn't break beantown23's Avatar

He's got 7 kids so he's probably not just a fan of blowjobs.

After reading his long Wiki bio, I'm not sure if its a case of the media jumping on 1 position of many that is sexy enough for a TMZ posting.

I would question his election for governor staff if was put out there for name recogntion purposes, there are no upside benefits.

He should rally around tougher laws for pedophiles and maximum sentences something all parties should be able to agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by beantown23 View Post
    He's got 7 kids so he's probably not just a fan of blowjobs.
    The only man who is not a fan of blowjobs is the man who has never had one.

So you'd rather have sexual predators go free than have a law than sounds un-PC? That's great.

As far as abuse (which means that it can be used properly). Do you really think a prosecutor in 2013 can get away with charging consenting gays? Paula Deen has lost every business venture she has in a matter of a week thanks to the Internet.
    It doesn't sound un-PC, it is counter to the vast majority of societies and the courts positions in this day and age. And we all know the government would never abuse things like warrantless wiretaps or IRS investigations and so forth especially in this internet age. And as far as Paula Deen goes, it seems to depend on some awful fickle factors when you look at Deen vs. Baldwin and what he has consistently gotten away with. So I'd just as soon have the law and not some facebook uprising as protection against stupid fanatics.

Maybe Cuccinelli and MTF are Michael Douglas fans and want to protect the rest of us from his fate.

Linux is for Windows haters: BSD is for -lovers- of Unix.

What none of you stupid fucks fail to recognize is that sodomy laws aren't used to go after consenting queers. They're used to go after sexual predators of all ages.
    Texas called, they'd like to refute that statement. Cops in Houston and Dallas used to bust consenting queers all the time for just being in bed together, before Texas was told to halt such nonsense.

Drinks own barnacles cigarettesandtea's Avatar

So you'd rather have sexual predators go free than have a law than sounds un-PC?
    Virginia's laws, based on my rudimentary search where I opened the first result on a Google search, cover all kinds of offenses against minors, it doesn't look like they need this law for prosecution of child molesters.

http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/ofhs/pre...s/statutes.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by jcr View Post
    He did not ask for laws specifically targeting child abusers, he asked for the reinstatement of the broad general laws that would equally apply to adults. If the goal is targeting child abusers, then that should be the target.

The stupid fuck in this situation is the guy looking to reinstate laws that would apply to consenting adults .. and then just trusting the government to do the right thing. Yeah, fucking right.
    Sodomy laws are also used to charge offenders who attack adults.

Again I ask: do you think in 2013 a district atty could get away with prosecuting a gay couple for consensual sex? Look at what protestors did in order to protect infanticide...you don't think the pink mafia would unleash all hell fury on the county that tried that?