Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Coaching Carousel

Never met a quote he didn't break beantown23's Avatar

Default 2017 NFL Coaching Carousel

Currently there are 6 owners (Buf Den LA SF Jax SD) needing 6 coaches but rumors are that 3 more teams (Lions, Texans and Saints) might be joining the search.

Although Colt's owner Jim Irsay might still get drunk and dump Pagano.

Today, I read that Atlanta OC Kyle Shanahan declared Denver is the best HC job available, was that wise if Elway says no thanks Kyle or is a deal already done?

Pats OC McDaniels has 3 interviews for Saturday. It will be tough for Jax to compete with the allure of LA or the history of SF, can a $10 million dollar year offer be on the table?

Read a bunch of people are high on a THIRTY year old OC from the Redskins. Sean McVay or something like that.
    30 years old is rather shockingly young to be a HC. Several teams are supposedly interviewing him.

I wouldn't want Kyle Shanahan. Not a strong enough career when he wasn't working for daddy. The NFL retreads old names so often, is he just a retread of his dad's name when people hire him?

Guy that kind of interests me more than others is Vance Joseph the DC out of Miami. He doesn't have a shitload of experience either.

It's a great plan, unless it doesn't work hawkfan8812's Avatar
    If you understood you would already be here.

I assume Bill Cower and Tony Dungy are still not interested in a return to HC?

New Jersey unicorn authority FSchmertz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan8812 View Post
    I assume Bill Cower and Tony Dungy are still not interested in a return to HC?
    Haven't heard much lately about Tom Coughlin. Lock for some sort of Jags job?

Quote Originally Posted by beantown23 View Post
    Currently there are 6 owners (Buf Den LA SF Jax SD) needing 6 coaches but rumors are that 3 more teams (Lions, Texans and Saints) might be joining the search.

Although Colt's owner Jim Irsay might still get drunk and dump Pagano.

Today, I read that Atlanta OC Kyle Shanahan declared Denver is the best HC job available, was that wise if Elway says no thanks Kyle or is a deal already done?

Pats OC McDaniels has 3 interviews for Saturday. It will be tough for Jax to compete with the allure of LA or the history of SF, can a $10 million dollar year offer be on the table?
    Why in god's name would anyone want to throw any money at McDaniels? You know which OC looked like a strong HC candidate under Bellichik? All of them. Hell I would look like a great coach if I worked for Bellichik.
    McDaniels was such a genius in Denver he traded up for Tebow.

New Jersey unicorn authority FSchmertz's Avatar

Taking a Pats OC as a head coach is like giving 1st round pics for Brady backup QBs.

It's a great plan, unless it doesn't work hawkfan8812's Avatar
    If you understood you would already be here.

Quote Originally Posted by spudoc View Post
    BURN!!1

Quote Originally Posted by FSchmertz View Post
    Taking a Pats OC as a head coach is like giving 1st round pics for Brady backup QBs.
    DOUBLE BURN!!!!111

McDaniels was the GM at Denver?
    Denver had traded back multiple times in that draft and then traded back up. It was all really part of Denver trading Cutler. The Bronco's basically turned Cutler into D. Thomas, Eric Decker and Tim Tebow. Plus the original Kyle Orton.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman View Post
    McDaniels was the GM at Denver?
    Denver had traded back multiple times in that draft and then traded back up. It was all really part of Denver trading Cutler. The Bronco's basically turned Cutler into D. Thomas, Eric Decker and Tim Tebow. Plus the original Kyle Orton.
    Tebow was a draft day trade with Baltimore. And the story that came out at the time was that McDaniels was pushing very hard to get Tebow. At the time Tebow was considered a risky second round pick and the Broncos gave up three picks to make him a first rounder.

I am a Xenophobic Racist and continue to Post Stupid, Asinine Buillshit

To OP/ You can throw out that Lions/ Houston nonsense about possible moves with their HC. Both made the playoffs, which with these 2 orgs is good enough until next year.

Loves to shave his balls CHEEZY08's Avatar

Caldwell is not going anywhere. Lions announced it yesterday.

Read a bunch of people are high on a THIRTY year old OC from the Redskins. Sean McVay or something like that.
    30 years old is rather shockingly young to be a HC. Several teams are supposedly interviewing him.

I wouldn't want Kyle Shanahan. Not a strong enough career when he wasn't working for daddy. The NFL retreads old names so often, is he just a retread of his dad's name when people hire him?

Guy that kind of interests me more than others is Vance Joseph the DC out of Miami. He doesn't have a shitload of experience either.
    Mike Tomlin was 34.

Per Wikipedia:

With Tomlin, the Steelers continued a trend of hiring head coaches in their 30s. The others were Cowher (age 34 in 1992), Chuck Noll (38 in 1969), Bill Austin (38 in 1966), John Michelosen (32 in 1948), Jim Leonard (35 in 1945), Aldo Donelli (33 in 1941), Walt Kiesling (35 in 1939), Johnny "Blood" McNally (33 in 1937), and Joe Bach (34 in 1935).[

Quote Originally Posted by cigarettesandtea View Post
    Mike Tomlin was 34.

Per Wikipedia:

With Tomlin, the Steelers continued a trend of hiring head coaches in their 30s. The others were Cowher (age 34 in 1992), Chuck Noll (38 in 1969), Bill Austin (38 in 1966), John Michelosen (32 in 1948), Jim Leonard (35 in 1945), Aldo Donelli (33 in 1941), Walt Kiesling (35 in 1939), Johnny "Blood" McNally (33 in 1937), and Joe Bach (34 in 1935).[
    But Bradshaw says Tomlin sucks

But Bradshaw says Tomlin sucks
    Tomlin's response:

Now that being said, terms like ‘cheerleader guy,’ to me, maybe fall outside the bounds of critique or criticism. They probably fall more toward the area of disrespect and unprofessional. But what do I know? I grew up a Dallas [Cowboys] fan. Particularly, a Hollywood Henderson fan.”
    Zing.
    The latter was a reference to former Cowboys linebacker Thomas “Hollywood” Henderson calling Bradshaw dumb before Super Bowl XIII and saying the Hall of Fame quarterback “couldn’t spell cat if you spotted him the C and the A.”

Agree, only one year as a DC for the 31st ranked Miami defense but on the other hand he once was a Colorado Buffalo.

Why in god's name would anyone want to throw any money at McDaniels? You know which OC looked like a strong HC candidate under Bellichik? All of them. Hell I would look like a great coach if I worked for Bellichik.

Because Belichick fucked up his first chance too and owners want to believe they might get lucky on a McDaniel's second roll.

As far as the money goes, what else does Jacksonville have to offer besides more money than LA or SF.

On the other hand, Jax GM David Caldwell was a college teammate of McDaniels and the expectations are less plus you have a hands off owner.

Quote Originally Posted by FSchmertz View Post
    So are you declaring now Jimmy G won't garner a 1st?

I would settle for a 2nd and then a 3rd which BB will trade for two 4's.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZY08 View Post
    Caldwell is not going anywhere. Lions announced it yesterday.
    Cool, then shoot down those damn Seahawks Matthew.

Its your moment, you've had 7 years apprenticeship and so its now time to dominate on the big stage.

How can you not cheer for a team with a OC named Jim Bob Cooter (32), maybe he rescues a catatonic Caldwell on the sidelines by pulling the challenge flag out of his sock.

Since there isn't a UJ Colts fan I will post this here......

PFT- At a time when the silence has become increasingly deafening in Indianapolis, there’s been a development. Sort of. Maybe.

Per Alex Marvez of SportingNews.com, Colts coach Chuck Pagano has received an assurance from owner Jim Irsay that he’ll be back in 2017.

Update- Colts GM Ryan Grigson also returning

Quote Originally Posted by WTexasCrude View Post
    To OP/ You can throw out that Lions/ Houston nonsense about possible moves with their HC. Both made the playoffs, which with these 2 orgs is good enough until next year.
    Lions yes, Texans maybe not.

That old unnamed source still claims that there is friction between 10 year GM Rick Smith and HC Bill O'Brien.

I would love to see a power struggle won by a coach for a change.