Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama "go away" speech

Hybrid View

Default Obama "go away" speech

Had to laugh tonight, turned on MSNBC to catch a bit of that shrew Rachel MadCow, and they were showing the half-hour worth of Obama ass-kissing after his speech tonight. I swear, he must have gone to each and every member of the audience. Was he asking for donations to his new foundation? Come on, you know it's coming!

Then I started listening to their comments....do they not realize he's done? The way they are talking, it's like he was getting another 4 years (thank freaking god that's not happening)!

There must be joy in all schools nationwide! Pizza and fish sticks back on the menu starting on the 20th!

Muff diving bikini bottom bay for Patrick's star fish Zach10k's Avatar

#MakeAmericaFatAgain

Never met a quote he didn't break beantown23's Avatar

Trump will make a deal with McDonalds to supply schools with hamburgers but pay for them on a distant Tuesday.

I hate McDonalds burgers, but I would have eaten them over the crap Michelle would have forced me to eat if I was a school kid.

Never met a quote he didn't break beantown23's Avatar

Yep, forcing vegetables on kids. Oh the humanity.

Yup, the key word - forcing

Does that make me gay? stymiegreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by padre2 View Post
    Yeah, fuck it we should just let kids come up with their own school menus. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by stymiegreen View Post
    Yeah, fuck it we should just let kids come up with their own school menus. Makes sense.
    I never had a problem with the school lunch thing. Was it a govt over reach? Sure was, but some govt abuses you go to battle over and this wasnt one of them

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    I never had a problem with the school lunch thing. Was it a govt over reach? Sure was, but some govt abuses you go to battle over and this wasnt one of them
    Its a fact that some parents either can't feed their kids or they feed them shitty food. I think a kid should at least get taught by the school some form of a nutritional diet plan. Now, that doesn't speak to whether any particular school implements a shitty program or has people that don't give a shit so they put out crappy food. I don't think it should be outrageous that a school at least attempts to show some dietary guidelines. Obviously if the kids are given their preference alot of them are gonna prefer pizza and french fries every day.

Needs to wipe his cache DandyDon's Avatar
    I Don't Live In Hell, But I Can See The Flames From Here

Quote Originally Posted by padre2 View Post
    Just like forcing them to learn that awful readin' and writin'.

UJ Irregular

Yeah, under their watch we have schools disallowing students their lunches packed by mom and dad, but some how Pink slime is OK.

No one should be OK with this.

Needs to wipe his cache DandyDon's Avatar
    I Don't Live In Hell, But I Can See The Flames From Here

Quote Originally Posted by PSA View Post
    Yeah, under their watch we have schools disallowing students their lunches packed by mom and dad, but some how Pink slime is OK.

No one should be OK with this.
    When did we annex Ontario?

UJ Irregular

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    When did we annex Ontario?
    Did we?

I'm With Her, Hilldawg 2020 charliesheen's Avatar

Heaven forbid we expect parents to send their children to school with food. You libs just love being Mammy to your poor colored, unwashed pets. With other people's money.

Quote Originally Posted by charliesheen View Post
    Heaven forbid we expect parents to send their children to school with food. You libs just love being Mammy to your poor colored, unwashed pets. With other people's money.
    The article posted by PSA was about an incident in Dunham, Ontario.

I'm With Her, Hilldawg 2020 charliesheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    My bad. Things are different here.

New Jersey unicorn authority FSchmertz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliesheen View Post
    There you go introducing facts again in the Chump error....er.....era.

UJ Irregular

Yeah, cause a simple search doesn't reveal this is happening in America too.

/roll

The point remains. Its one thing to offer free, reduced meal plans for poor families. It is quite another to toss food brought from home claiming its not good enough. Especially when school food uses below grade F foods, like 'pink slime'.

And while I can respect the idea of picking your battles, this type of behavior from schools/gov is teaching a whole generation of kids that they (and their parents) don't have final say in their lives.

Again, this should bother people...

Muff diving bikini bottom bay for Patrick's star fish Zach10k's Avatar

/roll

The point remains. Its one thing to offer free, reduced meal plans for poor families. It is quite another to toss food brought from home claiming its not good enough. Especially when school food uses below grade F foods, like 'pink slime'.

And while I can respect the idea of picking your battles, this type of behavior from schools/gov is teaching a whole generation of kids that they (and their parents) don't have final say in their lives.

This is another case of misplaced blame though. The actual law passed by the USDA concerns lunches served by the schools themselves - basically mandating that fruit and veggies be part of the menu for meals covered under the NSLP. Individual cases where school officials threw away student lunches had nothing to with USDA regulation and everything to do with either overreach on the part of the school official or specific rules written by that particular school. Take it up with the school board in charge of the specific case you have a problem with. The fed simply isn't involved at that level. Of course, this isn't what you'll hear from the conservative pundits, who have convinced you and others like you that the mandate is an enormous overreach by the Obama administration.

So yeah, not only should you pick your battles, you should also make sure you understand what your actual battle is and who it is you're battling with.

/roll

I think you're conflating the issue. Michelle Obama being an advocate for healthier food in schools doesn't mean she can single handedly go in and run every shitty school with shitty ideas and overreach. Its inane if you are banning bag lunches...the concept that if the school serves food it should have nutrition standards shouldn't really be an outrageous one. But in its implementation for various reasons alot of schools end up still serving shit. Again, not really sure how that falls on Michelle Obama. Its weird that it makes some people angry that someone would advocate showing kids how to eat better and in many cases grow their own food. But if you've ever seen the Jamie Oliver show where he goes into schools and tries to advocate healthier menus its an uphill battlle for sure.