Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $132,000 costs for repair of luxury, $200,000 Aston Martin

You're a fucking moron that doesn't know dogshit about cars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic halflink's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captquint View Post
    You're a fucking moron that doesn't know dogshit about cars
    Good to see that your Gunzen lessons are starting to pay off. Rather than have a civil discussion, resort to juvenile name calling. I've worked on and restored more cars (many very high end) than you've ever driven.

Keeping this board rolling since 1969 kwebber's Avatar

having driven the stunning limited edition — only 100 were made — for only a few kilometres before she inexplicably veered off the road and hit a large stone near Blundell and Garden City roads in December 2015.
    I just reread the story, and saw this bit of information. The stupid fucking chink can't drive for shit, and shouldn't be allowed drive at all, let alone insure and drive a $300 k car. Inexplicably veered off the road?!?!? Get the fuck outta here. Garden City and Blundell is a regular intersection. It's not like it's a rural area that's hazardous to navigate. I'm betting she was either texting, or yammering on her cell phone, and not paying attention, when the accident happened.

I need a custom title! PimpDaddy's Avatar

Why didn't she call her insurance company, and have them take care of it?

Did you read the article? Basic liability

Good to see that your Gunzen lessons are starting to pay off. Rather than have a civil discussion, resort to juvenile name calling. I've worked on and restored more cars (many very high end) than you've ever driven.

Then you know Aston Martin is the only source for parts and they can charge whatever they please.

Quote Originally Posted by kwebber View Post
    I just reread the story, and saw this bit of information. The stupid fucking chink can't drive for shit, and shouldn't be allowed drive at all, let alone insure and drive a $300 k car. Inexplicably veered off the road?!?!? Get the fuck outta here. Garden City and Blundell is a regular intersection. It's not like it's a rural area that's hazardous to navigate. I'm betting she was either texting, or yammering on her cell phone, and not paying attention, when the accident happened.
    If she was licensed, insured and legally owned the car, why should she not be allowed to drive at all? Maybe she was texting, or talking, or tuning the radio. Maybe she ws just trying to figure out the gadgets on her new high dollar toy and it got away from her. What's your point? She had a wreck like thousands of others do every day.

Then you know Aston Martin is the only source for parts and they can charge whatever they please.
    And the high dollar repair shop they sent her to should have known that before writing a low ball estimate.

It happens. that's part of owning a car. you take it in, they eyeball it and give you an estimate of only what they can see. then you pay them to get in there, take shit apart and figure out the extent of the damages. then they call you back if the initial quote didn't encompass the full extent of the damage.

I used to make the headlights for the Aston Martin vanquish line and base cost to us was 2300/ lamp. I can see the replacement part going to 3x the cost by the time it gets to the parts counter. It's sad, but the reality of buying parts at the stealership.

It happens. that's part of owning a car. you take it in, they eyeball it and give you an estimate of only what they can see. then you pay them to get in there, take shit apart and figure out the extent of the damages. then they call you back if the initial quote didn't encompass the full extent of the damage.
    Let's try this another way. You put a dent in your Camaro, bummer, not the end of the world. The highly respected and best body shop in your area says, no prob, we can fix your fender for $2000, you don't want your insurance to go up, so you say ok, go ahead. A week later the shop calls, we got some bad news, this is a very limited edition fender and it's gonna cost $20,000. We have your car, and we're charging you storage until you agree to pay our bill.

I find it odd that the high end repair shop doesn't have their Aston Martin certs to buy Aston Martin parts. Kind of defeats the purpose of sending people there.

expensive ford

I need a custom title! PimpDaddy's Avatar

"I want a refund (from the dealer),”

If I crashed into a rock in an Aston Martin, I would want to return it without consequences and walkaway from it, too

Quote Originally Posted by halflink View Post
    Let's try this another way. You put a dent in your Camaro, bummer, not the end of the world. The highly respected and best body shop in your area says, no prob, we can fix your fender for $2000, you don't want your insurance to go up, so you say ok, go ahead. A week later the shop calls, we got some bad news, this is a very limited edition fender and it's gonna cost $20,000. We have your car, and we're charging you storage until you agree to pay our bill.

OK, your scenario makes zero sense. A limited edition fender?

some reassembly required freedomfries's Avatar

No pictures of the Slant-Eyed Destroyer of Exotic Cars?

OK, your scenario makes zero sense. A limited edition fender?
    That's the point, they gave her one estimate, then once they had the very valuable, very expensive car in their possession they changed the estimate. Probably slapped a mechanic's lien on it and started charging storage. Sorry lady, pay your bill or we're keeping your car. Hard to say what she signed or agreed to, but it sure sounds like they're taking advantage of her.

A dildo in the ass would be sweet ElSeed's Avatar

Shoulda boughta tesla. Just sayin.

Keeping this board rolling since 1969 kwebber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by halflink View Post
    That's the point, they gave her one estimate, then once they had the very valuable, very expensive car in their possession they changed the estimate. Probably slapped a mechanic's lien on it and started charging storage. Sorry lady, pay your bill or we're keeping your car. Hard to say what she signed or agreed to, but it sure sounds like they're taking advantage of her.
    es·ti·mate
    verb
    verb: estimate; 3rd person present: estimates; past tense: estimated; past participle: estimated; gerund or present participle: estimating
    ˈestəˌmāt/

noun
    noun: estimate; plural noun: estimates
    ˈestəmət/
    an approximate calculation or judgment of the value, number, quantity, or extent of something.

It wasn't a quoted price, it was an estimate. They start taking the car apart, and find more damage than they expected, the estimate goes up. Are you unable to comprehend the definition of "estimate"?