Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 199

Thread: Can a President of the United States of America win a war against

  1. #1
    Does the dog have a boner? Underwhelmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Posts
    29,883

    Default Can a President of the United States of America win a war against

    The media?



    My gut says no.

  2. #2
    Does the dog have a boner? Underwhelmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Posts
    29,883

    Default

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_Time_Warner

    That's a lot of fire power just in time warner alone.

  3. #3
    Irwin Schiff Captquint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    26,454

    Default

    A President? Yes, Trump? No. I'm watching Rex Tillerson being grilled by The Senate. Trump couldn't handle this.

  4. #4
    I'm With Her, Hilldawg 2020 charliesheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Actualizing Hypocrites
    Posts
    41,088

    Default

    Great question. Between him dissing the intelligence community, and going after the media, he's got a tough row to hoe.

  5. #5
    /b/ Cocksmoker Gauleiter Bruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mom's basement
    Posts
    10,956

    Default

    The media are not the gatekeepers they once were. Too many ways around them. And they are a business, selling advertising slots during their shows. Massive egos involved. If the president won't talk to you, that's going to hurt your network and career.

    CNN made a conscious decision several months ago, like MSNBC did some 17 years ago, to be pro-dem. Ever seen your favorite radio station change format overnight? It's like that. They look at the demographics and try to find a slot to get eyeballs.

  6. #6
    Does the dog have a boner? Underwhelmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Posts
    29,883

    Default

    Reminder that Trump spent over 3 years trying to convince the world that Obama wasn't a US citizen. He had credible sources.

  7. #7
    Few fries short of a happy meal FreakShowFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    50,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Underwhelmed View Post
    Reminder that Trump spent over 3 years trying to convince the world that Obama wasn't a US citizen. He had credible sources.
    AWM will be along shortly to explain how that was completely justified.

  8. #8
    Does the dog have a boner? Underwhelmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Posts
    29,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauleiter Bruce View Post
    The media are not the gatekeepers they once were. Too many ways around them. And they are a business, selling advertising slots during their shows. Massive egos involved. If the president won't talk to you, that's going to hurt your network and career.

    CNN made a conscious decision several months ago, like MSNBC did some 17 years ago, to be pro-dem. Ever seen your favorite radio station change format overnight? It's like that. They look at the demographics and try to find a slot to get eyeballs.
    Absolutely. It's a business. Nothing wrong with that. Pick a market. Cater to that market.

    How often does a sitting president actually talk to the media? Not very often. They'll still talk about him. The 24 news cycle will continue. I don't think it affects them too much.

  9. #9
    /b/ Cocksmoker Gauleiter Bruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mom's basement
    Posts
    10,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliesheen View Post
    Great question. Between him dissing the intelligence community, and going after the media, he's got a tough row to hoe.
    I think a lot of people in the Intelligence Community are rubes. Like David Ferrie: big talking blowhards who manage to snooker regular folks into believing their tales. Or fat guys from NY and NJ who convince women they're with the mob.

  10. #10
    Does the dog have a boner? Underwhelmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Posts
    29,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreakShowFanatic View Post
    AWM will be along shortly to explain how that was completely justified.


    If that is justified so is peegate.

  11. #11
    Evvan's Money Slut slapaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under ER'S ass
    Posts
    20,900

    Default

    Only sheep pay attention to the fucking media.

  12. #12
    /b/ Cocksmoker Gauleiter Bruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mom's basement
    Posts
    10,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Underwhelmed View Post
    Absolutely. It's a business. Nothing wrong with that. Pick a market. Cater to that market.

    How often does a sitting president actually talk to the media? Not very often. They'll still talk about him. The 24 news cycle will continue. I don't think it affects them too much.
    Sure, it's a business, but that points out the reality that the press is not some honorable, admirable vocation. Freedom of the Press, which the Constitution grants, is honorable.

    I'll bet if the WH freezes out CNN for real, they'll come begging for a meeting to straighten it out.

  13. #13
    Does the dog have a boner? Underwhelmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Posts
    29,883

    Default

    You're implying that the man in charge of upholding the constitution is honorable...

  14. #14
    Few fries short of a happy meal FreakShowFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    50,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slapaho View Post
    Only sheep pay attention to the fucking media.
    Then you're calling Trump a sheep because he pays highly close attention to the media.

  15. #15
    Few fries short of a happy meal FreakShowFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    50,198

    Default

    And I wouldn't be surprised if Russia really did have legitimate damaging information on Trump. That would explain why he kisses Putin's ass so much.

  16. #16
    I need a custom title! PimpDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,616

    Default

    I'd say he DID win a war against the media. And then he became the next POTUS.

  17. #17
    Does the dog have a boner? Underwhelmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Posts
    29,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PimpDaddy View Post
    I'd say he DID win a war against the media. And then he became the next POTUS.
    no. he became the next president because the middle class has been squeezed into the working poor since the 80's. Every election cycle those people are looking for someone new to help them out...

  18. #18
    Irwin Schiff Captquint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    26,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PimpDaddy View Post
    I'd say he DID win a war against the media. And then he became the next POTUS.
    HA, that was the opening battle. Many wars to come.

  19. #19
    UJ's Queen of the snow-balls namelesscoward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Utahahaha
    Posts
    4,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captquint View Post
    A President? Yes, Trump? No. I'm watching Rex Tillerson being grilled by The Senate. Trump couldn't handle this.
    I'm watching Tillerson right now, that guy is smart, well prepared and quick on his feet. Those grilling him haven't even come close to landing a punch yet, and it's certainly not for lack of trying.

  20. #20
    Stopped trying 10 posts ago bdubbs2k5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    DC AKA Chocolate City
    Posts
    3,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreakShowFanatic View Post
    And I wouldn't be surprised if Russia really did have legitimate damaging information on Trump. That would explain why he kisses Putin's ass so much.
    The crazy thing is he wouldn't pass the security vetting for an intelligence community job.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •