Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anybody watch the "well oiled"....

Actually drinks Tea on2muchcoffee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FSchmertz View Post
    So, when do folks start pointing out how much time he's spending at the golf course?

It was stupid when the righties made a big deal out of it with Obummer, but why would they stop being stupid now?
    He will have the greatest vacations. Awesome golf. The best golf.

Quote Originally Posted by on2muchcoffee View Post
    If this was Obama who didn't "respond" to a letter, assuming his staff ever delivered it to him, what would you say?
    Then let's try, if it was a white guy who asked about an organization and Trump said the same thing, what would be your reasoned response?
    Obama had a fully staffed operation with some experienced folks in the mix, I reckon any invitation from a congressional caucus would have at least got a reply.
    The president generally has staffers who interact with congress and set up meetings. He asked a black reporter to set up the meeting with the CBC for him. I guess maybe he was joking, though you'd have to then question the basis of the joke. I don't see any other possible defense of that.

Saying 'I'm happy to meet with the CBC' is one thing, though it does appear to be a lie. Telling a reporter to set up that meeting is something else, and just plain weird. At best it was an off colour joke.

Stopped trying 10 posts ago dudmuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    Can you name an accusation against Hillary that hasn't already been done by trump?
    Is this how Hillary voters try to justify voting for that corrupt POS? Just own it, man. You chose poorly. It happens.

Sees no need for new threads cigarettesandtea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliesheen View Post
    does trump play during the work week?
    I bet Obama worked on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalHamster View Post
    Obama had a fully staffed operation with some experienced folks in the mix, I reckon any invitation from a congressional caucus would have at least got a reply.
    The president generally has staffers who interact with congress and set up meetings. He asked a black reporter to set up the meeting with the CBC for him. I guess maybe he was joking, though you'd have to then question the basis of the joke. I don't see any other possible defense of that.

Saying 'I'm happy to meet with the CBC' is one thing, though it does appear to be a lie. Telling a reporter to set up that meeting is something else, and just plain weird. At best it was an off colour joke.
    Trump has only a partial staff in place as yet. He's still working with O's in a lot of areas. Folks forget that during transitions there are over 4,000 positions to fill.
    Staffers have to go through background checks, get familiarized with the job, then try not to fuck up. By the end of 3 months I'd expect he'd have most things fully covered.
    He just lost 6 yesterday due to failed background checks.
    He's a business guy, and a very forward one at that. Joke or no joke, it's overly common for business folks to use the "setup a meeting" line when talking.
    He's not good at the "Presidential" thing. Rough around the edges doesn't begin to describe it accurately, and that's not my cup of tea from a POTUS.
    BUT, given what he is, I'd say it's nothing more than auto-response from a business guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Porter View Post
    Is this how Hillary voters try to justify voting for that corrupt POS? Just own it, man. You chose poorly. It happens.
    You can't read, can you? There's accusations and there's actions.

Trump has only a partial staff in place as yet. He's still working with O's in a lot of areas. Folks forget that during transitions there are over 4,000 positions to fill.
    Staffers have to go through background checks, get familiarized with the job, then try not to fuck up. By the end of 3 months I'd expect he'd have most things fully covered.
    He just lost 6 yesterday due to failed background checks.
    He's a business guy, and a very forward one at that. Joke or no joke, it's overly common for business folks to use the "setup a meeting" line when talking.
    He's not good at the "Presidential" thing. Rough around the edges doesn't begin to describe it accurately, and that's not my cup of tea from a POTUS.
    BUT, given what he is, I'd say it's nothing more than auto-response from a business guy.
    Lolwut?

Lolwut?
    Don't you worry your wittle dim head about it.
    We aren't talking ill of anyone with a D next to their name you'd have to auto-defend.

Does that make me gay? stymiegreen's Avatar

If this was Obama who didn't "respond" to a letter, assuming his staff ever delivered it to him, what would you say?
    Then let's try, if it was a white guy who asked about an organization and Trump said the same thing, what would be your reasoned response?
    The "not responding" wasn't really what was obnoxious about it more that assuming she knew the CBC because they're all black folks and asking her to set up the meeting? You're really saying he'd have said that if it was a white reporter? Dude has a mental disorder and he can barely contain it. Sorry, its not just a matter of him being a "businessman" as much as it is him just being an asshole in general and he will denigrate the press to demonstrate it and he gets cheered for it. The weird part is that people watched it and convinced themselves he was the victim in the whole thing to the big ole meanies in the press corp. Bizarro world.

Quote Originally Posted by stymiegreen View Post
    The "not responding" wasn't really what was obnoxious about it more that assuming she knew the CBC because they're all black folks and asking her to set up the meeting? You're really saying he'd have said that if it was a white reporter? Dude has a mental disorder and he can barely contain it. Sorry, its not just a matter of him being a "businessman" as much as it is him just being an asshole in general and he will denigrate the press to demonstrate it and he gets cheered for it. The weird part is that people watched it and convinced themselves he was the victim in the whole thing to the big ole meanies in the press corp. Bizarro world.
    GAH! She's black and talking about the black caucus and Trump asked if she knew them! GAH! What an insensitive bastard! GAH!

Did any of the reporters ask about how well his golf game would stand up against Tiger's or how awesome it is being a father?
    Did CNN ask if he thought Democrats were out of touch or irresponsible?
    Did ya think they were going to throw a Nobel Peace Prize at Trump for just being alive?

You hate Trump and you are a somewhat moderate liberal. You think a lefty press is going to be fawning over someone they hate, let alone be fair?
    You can't.
    Their job is to report the news. And being what they are, they will report any negative fucking thing they possibly can because he's NOT their second coming.
    Then lefties wonder why it's bizarre that Trump and his supporters despise the BLM (big liberal media).

ok there bub.

Come on, it is pretty insensitive to ask the black reporter if she's friends with the black congressional caucus. It's also stupid. This isn't reporters reaching for a story, it was Trump handing them yet another doozy.

Potato marinating in piss s.murph's Avatar

Typical liberal racist thinking right there.

I don't think you need to be racist to make a mildly racist joke, which is my take on what he was doing. If you're a President at a press conference though, I do believe you have to be incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalHamster View Post
    Come on, it is pretty insensitive to ask the black reporter if she's friends with the black congressional caucus. It's also stupid. This isn't reporters reaching for a story, it was Trump handing them yet another doozy.
    Are we talking about Trump here?
    What part of "not smart" comments doesn't resonate as being standard fare?
    The man has a hip fired shotgun for a mouth.

Well like it or not a president with a hip fired shotgun for a mouth generates a constant stream of newsworthy critical stories. It's not a press conspiracy.

I'm old enough to remember when Howard Dean made a screaming noise and that killed his election prospects.

I'm old enough to remember when Howard Dean made a screaming noise and that killed his election prospects.
    Are you also old enough to remember the press publicly apologizing for playing it so much?

I'm sure if they feel they've been too harsh to Trump, they'll publicly apologize.

Does that make me gay? stymiegreen's Avatar

GAH! She's black and talking about the black caucus and Trump asked if she knew them! GAH! What an insensitive bastard! GAH!

Did any of the reporters ask about how well his golf game would stand up against Tiger's or how awesome it is being a father?
    Did CNN ask if he thought Democrats were out of touch or irresponsible?
    Did ya think they were going to throw a Nobel Peace Prize at Trump for just being alive?

You hate Trump and you are a somewhat moderate liberal. You think a lefty press is going to be fawning over someone they hate, let alone be fair?
    You can't.
    Their job is to report the news. And being what they are, they will report any negative fucking thing they possibly can because he's NOT their second coming.
    Then lefties wonder why it's bizarre that Trump and his supporters despise the BLM (big liberal media).

ok there bub.
    Its not a conspiracy or race baiting to point out the way he treated the woman was above the pail douchiness with racial overtones. Its a general view that the press are somehow fair game to treat any way you see fit because...libruls. Its not about being PC its just a general level of civil conversation that he isn't even capable of. He makes even the most mundane questions into an 11 on the issue scale for no discernible reason whatsoever. Its a major personality defect in any person let alone the President. SO you can keep blaming it on the librul press not treating him fair...but in reality he isn't even leaving an opportunity for any discourse at all with this type of scorched earth approach. That might be a conservatives wet dream but in reality its just letting the President run roughshod over our entire system unchecked. Who needs the press anyway amirite! Fuck 'em!

'Rough around the edges doesn't begin to describe it', 'hip fired shotgun for a mouth', just what would it take for you to recognise that maybe the press are just doing their job and reporting the newsworthy here? Are they supposed to edit out his derps? Pretend not to see them? Pretend this is normal or acceptable for a President? Seems like you're arguing both sides of a one sided coin here.